12 South Holcomb St.

East side of street
The ranch house which is on this site now was built about 1955. In 1982 a 12' x 22' 4" addition was constructed on the east facade. The aluminum siding which covered the house was removed and cedar shake siding was applied to the addition to match the original siding. Historically the 1872 Map of the Village has a footprint of a building on this lot at that time, owner Mrs. Catherine Bell. The assessed value of the building then was only $150 indicating either a small structure or one in poor condition. The value doubled by 1883 & then fluctuated until 1924. At present there is no more information available about this early structure.